I am taking a rest for personal reasons. Maybe I’ll update the website with new content sporadically. Bookmark my website and come back when you have free time.
I am taking a rest for personal reasons. Maybe I’ll update the website with new content sporadically. Bookmark my website and come back when you have free time.
Dale Carnegie. A reformed hothead who learned the art of manipulation after experiencing a series of down spirals in his life. Initially, I thought that this book was a lite version of the 48 Laws Of Power by Robert Greene, but I was wrong. The 48 Laws Of Power is a beginner manual on how to build power and respect. How To Win Friends And Influence People is an extension which helps you to maintain the power and respect that you’ve earned. So let’s dive right into it.
1. Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain.
2. Dale Carnegie opens by saying that most criminals and politicians try to justify their actions when faced with criticism.
3. He explains that you shouldn’t expect normal people to take responsibility for their actions if most criminals and politicians refuse to do so.
1. You should refrain from giving constructive criticism unless it will help you to achieve your goals (whatever your goals may be).
2. You can increase your influential power by not triggering the defensive shields of others.
1. Well-timed compliments help to influence the behavior of people.
2. He opens by saying that everyone wants to feel important.
3. He explains that most people become subservient when you make them feel important.
1. You should give strategic praise to those who can help to further your cause.
1. Give people what they think they want in order to get what you want.
2. Think about what the other person wants before you think about what you want.
3. Frame the solution as a win for the other person.
1. You can entice others to behave the way that you like with carrots.
2. The way you present the carrot is more important than the carrot itself.
3. The way you present the carrot changes the perception of the carrot.
1. Become genuinely interested in other people.
2. Dale Carnegie opens by saying that the key to knowing people is by asking them stupid questions about themselves.
3. He explains that you can build helpful relationships by getting to know peoples names and inquiring about the small details in peoples lives.
1. You should put your energy into courteous interactions with all types of people for the purpose of network building.
2. Only by getting to know people will you discover the resources and connections they have.
1. He opens by saying that pretending to be happy makes you feel happy.
2. Carnegie explains that happiness attracts people.
3. Happiness + People = Success.
1. You shouldn’t dwell on negative emotions.
2. You should learn to convert your negative emotions into positive emotions and smile.
1. He opens and closes by saying that name recognition makes it easier to accomplish your goals.
1. You should try your best to remember the names of important people because it will work in your favor over the long run.
1. He opens by saying that most of us aren’t half as interesting we think we are.
2. Carnegie explains that it’s always better to indulge others and stroke their egos instead of our own.
1. You should indulge others and listen to their rambles.
1. He opens by saying that it’s often better to take an indirect approach to get what you want.
2. Carnegie explains that learning how to ramble is a good way to build interest.
3. He closes by saying that you should usually avoid taking the direct route.
1. It means that you can miss opportunities to get what you want by taking the bull in a China shop approach to things.
1. Carnegie opens by saying that everyone is better than you in some aspect.
2. He explains that you need to make those people feel important in what they do so that you can get what you want out of them.
1. You should pull people up in an attempt to unlock their talents and abilities (only if it helps to serve your cause).
1. Carnegie opens and closes by explaining that avoiding confrontation can sometimes assist you in getting what you want.
“… I have listened to, engaged in, and watched the effect of thousands of arguments. As a result of all this, I have come to the conclusion that there is only one way under high heaven to get the best of an argument – and that is to avoid it… Nine times out of ten, an argument ends with the contestants more firmly convinced than ever that he is absolutely right… A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.” – Dale Carnegie
“Men must be taught as if you taught them not,
And things unknown proposed as things forgot.”
“Be wiser than other people if you can, but do not tell them so.”
“Our first reaction to most of other people’s statements is to evaluate or judge rather than understand.”
1. You should admit when you’re wrong, rectify it, learn from it and come out stronger than those who cautiously try to avoid making missteps.
1. Carnegie opens by saying that you have to casually plant your ideas into the minds others.
2. He explains that most people will eventually believe that your ideas were their own original ideas in the first place.
3. He closes by saying that sometimes you have to hand the glory over to others (if you want to control them).
“Merely stating the truth isn’t enough. The truth has to be made vivid, interesting, dramatic. You have to use showmanship.”
I’m getting tired, so I’ll split this book overview into two parts. Check back tomorrow.
You can view my answers here Taking the political compass test. (It will open on a separate page).
1. Of course, economic globalization should mainly serve the people. Not the corporations.
2. Soft disagree.
3. Disagree. It was by chance that I was born into the family that I have. That doesn’t mean that my love for them should change. So, no I don’t think it’s foolish to feel a sense of pride for your country of birth.
4. I’m a white guy, and I agree with this statement.
5. Yeah, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
6. Soft agree.
8. Yeah, agree.
9. Strongly disagree. Decreasing the rate of unemployment is more important than controlling inflation.
10. I agree. There must be standard regulations that require corporations to protect the environment.
11. Strongly disagree. Fuck off Karl Marx.
12. Agree. Tap water water should be good enough for the whole of society.
13. Strongly disagree. I’m in favor of buying and selling land.
14. Yeah, I agree.
15. Agreed. Protectionism is sometimes necessary in trade.
16. Disagree. That’s not to say that it isn’t important for companies to deliver profits to their shareholders. However, I believe that the needs of the employees should come first as they’re the most important asset to every company.
17. I agree that the rich are taxed too much in Canada. There is a declining incentive to strive for greatness because of the ridiculously high taxes that are imposed on the wealthy and the middle class. The federal government redistributes your hard earned tax dollars to lazy, undeserving people. They say that this redistribution of money is done in good faith. I don’t think so.
18. Yeah, I agree. I’m not in favor of paying for medical care through my taxes. When I need medical care, I’ll pay for it. Medical care should be a private enterprise.
21. Disagree. You could have a free market under a political dictatorship. A free market doesn’t necessarily indicate that the people are more free.
22. Agree. I’m a pro-life guy. I don’t agree with killing babies.
23. Yes, I agree. All authority should be questioned.
25. Disagree. Taxpayer money should be used to fund some museums and theaters.
26. Soft disagree. Classroom attendance should be compulsory during primary school, middle school, and high school. However, I don’t think that classroom attendance should be compulsory in college or university.
27. I agree, but this appears to be a race baiting question. Realistically speaking, people have more in common with those who were raised in a similar way (in terms of cultural traditions, morals, and values). So yes, more often than not it’s better for people to stick to their own.
28. Agree. I was a naughty kid, and the fear of getting spanked by my parents helped to straighten me out. Sometimes kids need to be spanked.
30. Soft disagree. I have nothing against people who want to purchase marijuana for personal use. The punishment for possession shouldn’t be too harsh. I don’t support the legalization of marijuana because it will cause a domino effect. Which will inevitably increase the speed of decline in society.
31. Yes, I agree. The main function of university/college should be to equip the future generation to find jobs in their field of study.
32. I’m sympathetic towards those with serious inheritable disabilities. However, I have to agree. Soft agree.
33. Yes, I agree. And I think that the Chinese education system is doing a better job at teaching children self-discipline than the Canadian education system.
34. This is a stupid one. Yes, there are savage people and civilized people. Most people are a byproduct of the culture from the country/society where they were raised. To say differently is naive.
35. Strongly agree. If you are capable of working, and you choose not to earn a living. Then you shouldn’t expect society to help support you.
37. Disagree. My parents are first generation immigrants to Canada and they integrated perfectly.
39. Disagree. Christian broadcasting networks should receive public funding in Canada.
41. This is a tricky question. Yes, I agree that a one-party state has an advantage over the Democratic political system (by avoiding all arguments). However, it doesn’t mean that I’m in favor of a one-party state.
42. Disagree. I believe that everyone has a right to privacy.
43. Agree. The death penalty should be an option for the most serious crimes.
44. Um yeah, I agree. That’s just how civilized societies function.
45. Strongly disagree. Look at the works of Jackson Pollock. This guy played a major role in the abstract arts movement.
46. Soft agree. Most cases involving criminals who’ve committed serious offenses can not be rehabilitated. For example, pedophiles. These people are sick and twisted. I’m very doubtful that you can rehabilitate them. When it comes to extreme criminal offenses, I support punishment over rehabilitation.
47. Agree, we just covered that topic.
48. Strongly disagree. The businessman and the manufacturer keep the economic wheel spinning. The artist and the writer influence and inspire people.
49. This is a terrible question because they’ve twisted it in such a way that you have to somehow choose between Mothers being house slaves or corporate slaves. A Mothers first duty is to take care of her children. So I reluctantly agree that a woman’s first duty is to be a “homemaker.”
51. Disagree. Submitting to the establishment has nothing to do with maturity.
52. Hahaha!! Who made this questionnaire? Strongly disagree.
53. Agree. If God does not exist, then objective moral values do not exist. Gods nature provides a standard reference point for moral values.
55. Disagree. The more that your remain in a state of stasis, the more “unlucky” that you will be. If you keep moving like a shark then you will increase your luck. So, no I don’t believe that some people are naturally unlucky. I believe that some people are hardworking, and others are lazy.
56. Agree. I don’t have any children of my own, however, I attended a Catholic primary school, middle-school, and high-school. So, I see the value in religious education institutions.
57. I agree that sex outside of marriage is immoral. And although I participate in the act of non marital sex, I’m not opposed to cultures or societies that ridicule and shame those who participate in it.
58. Strongly disagree. Same sex couples who adopt cause irreparable damage to children. They should never be given the opportunity to adopt and warp the innocent minds of little children. That’s child abuse.
59. Disagree. I’ve been living abroad in China for more than four years now, and I see the benefits of making pornography inaccessible. When a government makes pornography inaccessible nationwide, it’s a sign that they care about the well being of their people.
62. Strongly agree. Openness about sex has gone way too far.
I decided to take this test to see what are my political affiliations. You can take the test at https://www.politicalcompass.org/test
My answers and results are below.
According to this test I’m a centrist leaning towards the left, and authoritarianism. You can take the test by following the link below:
Welcome to try out Orthodox fasting with me.
Here are the rules:
You can view the calendar below.
Whenever you meet an anti-Trump person who forces the topic of politics on you, just egg them on. Troll them. Just sit there and say:
You have to be very serious and visibly distressed if you want to pull off that last one. And don’t forget to bob your head up and down like a parrot when you say it.
Vote TRUMP 2020.
Over the past two years, I’ve been guilty of spending the majority of my earnings in an attempt to build a comfortable lifestyle in a foreign country and settle into a decent University. When your life is unstable you can’t think too much about saving. Your main objective will be survival, and you’ll experience this if you choose to follow the same path as myself. But once you reach the point of material comfort (you have a stable income, you have the tools needed to sustain a relatively comfortable lifestyle, some reliable friends, and a plan for your future), then you can begin to think about creating a financial buffer zone for yourself.
If you decide to do what I did (which was stupid), then you need to understand that it’s going to be tough. You’re going to have to learn how to rough it out. The second time that I came back to China I had little money, and I arrived to a shithole bachelor apartment with nothing but a bed and an ancient television. When I’d come home late at night and turn the lights on, I’d watch cockroaches scatter into the corners of the apartment. There were no kitchen tools, and I had to scrounge up enough cash to buy pots and pans for cooking. There was no central air conditioning, and the TV was so old that it didn’t even have an HDMI input. The money that I earned was enough to feed myself with eggs, chicken breast, bread, and ketchup. I managed to put enough cash aside to fuel myself with cheap Russian vodka and watered down Chinese beer. In the midst of this terrible situation, I was still able to lay some hot Russian women in my bed and save enough cash to pull myself out of this shit situation.
How did I pull myself out of this situation? I used my mouth.. Uh, wait.. that doesn’t sound right. What I mean to say is that I talked my way into better life circumstances. One thing that I’ve learned about the world is that you can talk your way into and out of anything that you so choose. You could call it GAME, but it works in every field of work. Male and female bosses both have a deep respect for GAME (charisma, charm, and persistence). Why? Because GAME was necessary for them to reach the power positions that they hold in their corporate businesses. So when they see a young determined dude march into their offices and present them with decent ideas in an effort to benefit their businesses, they invest. Why? Not because that guy has any good ideas, but because they see something in him.
What do bosses see in this guy? They see themselves. That’s right, he’s a mirror of who they were. Just some young chump with a willingness to go the extra mile. Bosses like this guy.
They don’t give a fuck about your university papers, they don’t give a fuck about where you went to school, and they certainly don’t give a fuck about where you were born or raised.
Do you want to know what they give a fuck about?
They give a fuck about how you can benefit them. They give a fuck about whether they can trust you to make decisions on your own which result in profits for the business. They give a fuck about whether you can turn them a profit.
And don’t ever think for one second that bosses don’t judge you for who you fuck. Your bosses observe the women that you date and use it as a way to determine your value as a man and an employee. Bosses (both male and female) are much more inclined to promote low performers who bang hot women, than high performers who bang whales and damaged women. I don’t have any solid evidence to prove this, but I have a pair of eyes just like you. That’s just how it is.
But anyway, let’s leave this topic and come back to the main point which is NUMBERS. MONEY. Your talk is worthless unless you have a little money to back you up.
So let’s take a look at some spreadsheets that will assist you to better manage your money. But before we begin, I want to note that:
1. You should have a stable income before you think about saving.
2. If you’re living in a foreign country as an expat, then you should create a comfortable lifestyle with a clear plan for the future before you begin to think about saving.
In the spreadsheets below I will outline how to manage your money from an average income to a bare minimum income in China.
In my white book I outlined a basic money management manual that worked for me at the time when I wrote it. Consider this a new and updated version.
So the husband decided to walk away from his own ball of flesh, and the woman who gave birth to it. Let’s explore the possible reasons why he decided to do this.
Possible reason #1: There is something very wrong with the Mother.
Possible reason #2: There is something very wrong with him (the Father).
If there’s something wrong with the Mother, then it’s understandable why he left her. If there’s something wrong with him (the Father), then you have to ask yourself why the woman married him in the first place?
Both outcomes speak poorly on behalf of the Mother.
It’s no mystery that raising children in an intact family is difficult as it is. So why would a woman (with children) voluntarily choose to leave a good, responsible guy who’s providing her with financial support and emotional security?
I think you can answer that for yourself.
Now let’s assume that she left her ex-husband because he’s a jerk. He’s a liar, a cheater, and he never answered her calls. Sometimes he didn’t come home until the early hours of the morning etc.
This tells you more about the single Mother than it does about her ex-husband. It tells you that she has poor judgment. It tells you that she often gets herself into bad situations, and she will continue to do so.
No matter how you spin the story, the reason why single Mothers are single is always a bad reason.
If you got value from this article, then you can check out my related articles below.
I recently managed to safely escape a one-year relationship with a single mom, and I would like to share seven things that I’ve learned from this relationship with you.
Before we begin, I want to preface by saying that the advice which I provided in my previous article Be transparent about these 3 things if you intend to date a single mom. works well in short term relationships (3-6 months). However, things change drastically after the six-month marker. The fun and games come to an end and her child will begin to take priority in the relationship. With that said I’d like to provide you some insight on what you can expect in a long term relationship with a single mom.
And that’s understandable. The question is whether you’re okay with being Mr.Second Banana Man? What a single moms son wants and needs will always be at the top of her priority list. On the flip side, what you want and need will always be at the bottom of her list. You aren’t that important in the grand scheme of things. You’re just there to provide her with comfort in the form of emotional and sexual satisfaction when she wants it. You’re no different than the friend zone guy that she goes to hug after she gets banged out and dumped by a handsome playboy. But in this case, you’re Mr.Second Banana man to a snotty-nosed kid who has no respect for you.
Here’s the truth, single mothers will not discipline their children. Why? Because their children are the only thing they have. And she will not accept you asserting authority over her children even when you’re right. This is a sucker position, a chokehold position. The question that you have to ask yourself is whether you want to voluntarily put yourself in this position?
You will never get a return on the time, energy and resources that you invest into a kid that does not belong to you. It’s like throwing money into a black hole beneath the surface of the earth. You’re never going to get a return on your investment. It’s a sucker move.
Why would you invest in the worst stock on the market when you have better options?
Single moms are always on low battery life because it’s not easy to raise a kid alone. For this reason, her lifestyle may be very different from yours. Every night she’ll be in bed by 9:00 pm, and she’ll be up every morning by 5:00 am. Single moms have daily schedules which revolve around their kids, and for this reason, they’re not very flexible or fun. Not to mention that they’re limited with their time, energy and resources because the majority of their battery life is going towards their kid/s.
Now if you’re a guy like me then you can understand that single moms are probably not compatible with you in terms of lifestyle. I typically wake up around 9:30 am and go to sleep around midnight. A regular day for me is split between writing, reading, fitness, leisure time, social time, work, and study. And these things are of great importance to me.
So let’s move onto the frame aspect. In the first three to six month period you’ll likely enjoy your relationship with a single mom as they won’t have any significant demands, they’ll be uninhibited in the bedroom, and you’ll rarely have to acknowledge her child’s existence.
A single mom will live life through your lens for a temporary part of the relationship but you shouldn’t be foolish enough to think that you can maintain this frame over the long term. She has a vision for the future, and her vision will come to fruition after she has you hooked.
Her vision is that you’ll eventually live life through her lens, by her rule of law and order. If you stick around long enough you’ll get to witness her attempt to swing the pendulum in her direction.
Her end goal for you is to be an adoptive Father who takes on part of the responsibility of her child. Potentially you could also provide her with a lifestyle upgrade. That’s the cold hard truth. Once again, it’s a sucker move for you.
If you pursue a future with a single mom then you’re voluntarily cuckolding yourself. There is nothing good that can come from that. I’d rather not paint a picture of what you can expect from a future with a single mom because I think you already have a clear idea in your mind.
After the honeymoon stage of my relationship with this single mom, I had a voice in the back of my head telling me to run.
Runaway as fast as you can.
And believe me, I tried to run away from this relationship many times over the past year. The reason being is because I don’t question my intuition. I understand that the little voice in the back of my head is there for a reason. However, I was dragged back into this relationship over and over again through the means of “conversation” which always led to make-up sex.
The point that I want to get across here is that although I challenged my intuition, I never stopped listening to it. My intuition made me resistant to her irrational demands and eventually she decided to give up.
I was lucky in this sense. However, you should understand that your intuition is there to protect and guide you like a guardian angel. You are free to challenge it, but you should never stop listening to it.