Reading a book, going to the gym, and drinking coffee at a local cafe is more appealing to me than going out to a bar or a club. I would not attribute this to being more sophisticated than others, it’s just that a man’s interests change over time.
Men go through life making up for experiences that they didn’t have when they were younger. A 30-year-old man who spends his free time socializing with everyone and scouting for young women at the local pub every weekend most likely didn’t have that experience in his early twenties. A 30-year-old man who just wants to be left alone to enjoy the simple pleasures that life has to offer (reading, writing, a cup of coffee, and social time at his convenience) – this man has spent at least half a decade experiencing the party/social butterfly lifestyle. And he has learned a few things from it.
1. He has learned that 98% of the people that he encounters are a waste of time.
2. He has learned that his money could be spent on better things.
3. He has learned that the majority of women whom he encounters late at night are useless whores with roast beef front holes.
4. He has learned that his time is more valuable than money.
5. He has learned that the party/social butterfly lifestyle leads to a dead end.
You will reach a stage of your life where you will want to be left alone. You can not predict when you will reach this stage. You will experience it when you have enough experience under your belt.
For my younger readers, there is no need to be pessimistic. Love, learn, live, and let live. I just want you to understand that the pursuit of endless fun, excitement, and adventure leads to nowhere. Keep this in the back of your mind, and you will be just fine.